Our featured picture is of the Argentinian Southern Sky thanks to Leonardo Julio who caught this silhouette of Lynds’ Dark Nebula (LDN) 1622. This weeks highlights are:
- Mercury trine North Node 00:15AM EDT,
- Mercury opposes Apollon 4:53AM EDT,
- Pluto trine Ceres 2:29PM EDT,
- Venus enters Pisces 8:24PM EDT
- Mercury parallel Ceres 11:21AM EDT
- sun square Astraea 9:27PM EDT
- sun contra-parallel Jupiter 7:15AM EDT
- sun parallel Venus 11:53AM EDT,
- Venus sextile Admetos 12:42PM EDT,
- Mars quincunx Zeus 2:32PM EDT,
- Mars parallel Selene 2:48PM EDT,
- sun square Juno 3:25PM EDT,
- Mars contra-parallel Astraea 5:57PM EDT,
- Venus contra-parallel Jupiter 6:28PM EDT
- Venus trine Vulcanus 3:50AM EDT,
- Mercury contra-parallel Poseidon 10:30AM EDT,
- Uranus enters sidereal Aries 11:32PM EDT
- Mars trine Pluto 00:00AM EDT,
- Saturn goes retrograde at 1:05AM EDT at 27°Sag47′ Tropical
- It is now conjunct the galactic center.
- This is the Hyperion Symbol of “Astronauts floating gleefully.” The keyword here is Enjoyment. 1
- Venus square Cupido 11:23AM EDT
- Jupiter conjunct Zeus 3:37AM EDT at 18°Lib19′ Trop,
- Mars conjunct Selene 6:20AM EDT at 20°Tau14′ Trop,
- Uranus contra-parallel Juno 5:25PM EDT,
- sun opposes Jupiter 5:38PM EDT,
- sun opposes Zeus 7:14PM EDT,
- sun contra-parallel Zeus 7:36PM EDT
- sun contra-parallel Neptune 12:28PM EDT,
- Venus square Saturn 4:28PM EDT,
- sun square Pluto 8:48PM EDT
- sun parallel Sedna 00:09AM EDT,
- Mercury stations retrograde 7:14PM EDT at 4°Taurus 50′ Tropical
- This is the Hyperion Symbol of a “Small box with secrets”. The keyword is a collection.
Monday, April 10
- Full Moon + Pesach (Passover)
Saturn turning retrograde at the “galactic center” this week, has an ominous ring to it. As part of Mayan Astrology it is often also referred to as the “Great Mother.” For the Mayans, the Galactic Center was so important, that they pegged their calendar when they would be in unison with it, and that happened to be sunrise on December 21, 2012, when the fourth world would set 7 the fifth world would set.
So what is in the galactic center? From various pictures we haven gotten, it seems clouds, but honestly it is the nucleus of our galaxy around which our solar system revolves at about 135 miles per second in a 225 million year period known as the cosmic year.
The Galactic center is about 26,000 miles distant from the Earth and 50,000 light years away from the Sun, putting us somewhere in the sweet spot. A light year is how astrophysicists measure space i.e.: how far a beam of light can travel in one calendar year. The number is enormous: a little ray of light can travel 6 trillion or 6, 000, 000, 000, 000 miles and so the Sun being 50,000 light years away from the galactic center, is, to put it mildly, very far away.
Theodor Landscheidt¹ think that the mayans were onto something with the Great Mother and he writes that the radiation emanating from the Galactic Center is intercepted by our solar system and interpreted according to the aspect pattern of the planets.
Send in your findings. We are always interested in sharing notes.
- Larousse Encyclopedia of Astrology editors: Brau, Jean-Louis, Weaver, Helen & Edmunds, Allan. Consulting Editors: Hand, Robt., Harvey, Chas. & Jayne, Chas. c. New York, NY. 1977 pg. 167
- Read Herr Landscheidt’s work here & here. He is a proponent of Global cooling.
- His biography is here on Wikipedia.